NEWS UPDATE:¬† PASHMINA hosted its¬†FINAL CONFERENCE on 16 October 2012 in¬†Brussels, Belgium.
Final results obtained by the¬†project consortium were presented relating to the development and experimentation of a¬†new generation of tools to better assess the interaction between the economy and the environment,¬†the paradigm shifts in the energy‚Äźtransport‚Äźenvironment nexus and land use and territorial functions,¬†and the shifts beyond GDP measurement and the economic growth paradigm. ¬†¬†The results, including policy recommendations formulated and questions that emerged were discussed.
Final project results are available by visiting Deliverables.
Download Conference Agenda and Presentations:
- Octavi Quintana: Towards a new paradigm of ecological economy and social innovation in Europe?
- Andrea Ricci: Towards a new paradigm of ecological economy and social innovation in Europe?
- Carlo Sessa: Paradigm Shifts and the PASHMINA scenarios
- Andreu Ulied: Modelling Long-term Global Scenarios
- Bertrand Ch√Ęteau: Paradigm Shift in Transport ‚Äď Energy ‚Äď Environment Nexus and Urbanization: Analysis and Modelling
- Alvaro Calzadilla: Biofuel targets and mandates around the world: Impacts on Agricultural and Energy Markets
- Alejandro Caparr√≥s and Jos√© L. Oviedo: Regional case study on Explaining Land Use Transitions in Andalusia under Different Climate Policy Scenarios
- Emanuele Massetti, Michela Catenacci, Sabine Fuss, Fr√©deric Ghersi and Claudia Kettner: The PASHMINA scenarios: implications for policy makers
- Didier Bosseboeuf: Energy-transport-land use perspective
- Domenico Rossetti di Valdalbero: Towards a new paradigm of ecological economy and social innovation in Europe?
ABOUT PASHMINA PROJECT
The project will¬† show that it is possible to better address global changes in a long term time perspective (2030--2050), making a first development of tools - new generations of models and indicators - with enhanced capabilities to take into account the interaction between the economy and the environment, paradigm shifts in the energy-transport-environment nexus and the land-use and territorial functions.
The objectives of PASHMINA will include 1. production of exploratory scenarios (Qualitative storylines) of future global change options up to 2030 and 2050, complemented by a Quantitative analysis of key development indicators (GDP, well being, etc.) undertaken by means of global long term meta-models (WP1 ) 2. analysis of the consequences of the paradigm shifts in the energy-transport-environment nexus related to the urban functions: housing, mobility, recreation, etc. (WP2) 3. analysis of the possible paradigm shifts in the land use arod territorial functions related to agriculture, forestry and more in general ecosystem services: ego biofuels, biodiversity, ecosystems metabolism, etc. (WP3) 4. first development a new generation of global indicators and models, starting from already existing sustainabilily accounting and general equilibrium modelling frameworxs and adapting these to make them (more) sensitive to paradigm shifts in the long-term perspective (WP4) 5. pilot assessment of possible adaptation and mitigation strategies to tackle with different paradigm shifts, evaluating their trade -oils (WP5). 6. to produce a comparative evaluation of the advancements in modelling tools achieved by PASHMINA, and to disseminate those in the scientific and stakeholders communities by means of innovative dissemination tools (virtual library, wiki-web tools, webGIS application) and other dissemination activities (WP6).